The curriculum at Waimea College is extensive enabling our students to formulate their own unique learning opportunities in order to provide opportunities for them to expand their vision and enjoy success. This will help them to develop positive attitudes that will encourage further study, training and life-long learning.
At the junior level the curriculum has a number of compulsory subjects from the eight learning areas of the National Curriculum. In addition, students have the opportunity to select from a range of option and enrichment subjects to complete their programme.
In the senior school, students select more specialised subjects in preparation for a career, further training or tertiary study. We aim to have our students leave school with a nationally recognised qualification. We also cater for different individual abilities and needs through our extension, support and special education programmes.
The College offers all students:
- a comprehensive range of subjects from Year 9 to Year 13 leading to the National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) Levels 1, 2 and 3.
- a 21st century curriculum that is engaging & responsive to students’ needs
- Trades Academy & Vocational Pathway options
- technology rich curriculum delivery including BYOD
- additional opportunities to accelerate and extend any special abilities through our Gifted and Talented programme
- in need of additional assistance with their learning, specialised support through our student support network.
- Interested in being part of the BP Business Challenge – contact us now! (Read more…..) 16 Feb 2018Waimea College to host BP Business Challenge When: Wednesday 14th – T... [Read more]
- House Sports Day – Friday 16 February 16 Feb 2018Remember to bring your drink bottle, sunscreen and hat. Dress in your hou... [Read more]
- Board of Trustee Meeting26 Feb 2018
- Junior Leader Camp – 2-4 March 201804 Mar 2018
- Science Road Show12 Mar 2018
- Young Driver Coaching Parents Evening 22 Mar 2018Are you a parent that wants to be involved in helping your young person kee... [Read more]
- Good Friday – Holiday30 Mar 2018
- Summer Sports Week – 25 March to 31 March31 Mar 2018
- Easter Monday – Holiday02 Apr 2018
- Easter Tuesday – Holiday03 Apr 2018