When in uniform, students are clearly representative of Waimea College. Maintaining the College uniform in good condition and wearing it correctly reflects pride in both yourself and the College and a sense of caring and belonging. Students should be well groomed and maintain an acceptable standard of personal hygiene.
Waimea College expects all students to take pride in their appearance and dress neatly at all times as they are representing the school.
Marking of Clothes & Personal Gear
Every item must be clearly named. Every care is taken to minimise the possibility of loss of property and to encourage honesty in pupils, but the College will not be held responsible for losses.
Waimea College is seeking to be inclusive by having a range of uniform options for students to choose from. Students can choose from the following options:
Shirts, Blouses, Tops
- White school blouse – long or short sleeves (a plain white undergarment may be worn underneath)
- White regulation polo shirt (a plain white undergarment may be worn underneath)
Skirts, Shorts, Trousers
- Regulation tartan skirt worn on the knee
- Black long dress trousers
- Regulation mid-grey shorts
Jersey, Vest, Blazer, Jackets
- Regulation blazer
- Regulation woollen jersey
- Regulation woollen vest
- Plain black zip up weatherproof jacket or vest (hip length) with or without hood
- Black tights
- White ankle socks
- Regulation grey socks with green and gold top
- Approved black polishable closed toe shoes to be worn winter and summer (socks or tights must be worn with these)
- Plain black or green cap or bucket hat (optional)
- Plain black scarf (optional)
- Available for Senior Leaders and Year 13 students
- Groups representing the College at formal functions wear formal uniform, which is a tie, white shirt and blazer, and either skirt or black trousers
- Sports shorts and top or tracksuit
- Gym shoes
Workshop/Art/Food Technology/Science Laboratories
- Apron or overall
- Closed toe shoes must be worn at all times
- Students may wear plain studs or sleepers in pierced ears. No other piercings are permitted. No other jewellery is to be worn by students other than a watch and/or taonga (worn inside clothing and not visible)
NOT Permitted to be Worn
- Track, brown or suede shoes, skater style shoes, boots (on or above the ankle), canvas shoes or sandals
- Multi-coloured jackets, including Waimea College sports jackets as regular uniform
- Sweatshirts of any colour, hoodies, polar fleece. This includes sweatshirts, Waimea College team hoodies/tops
- Visible, coloured t-shirts or polypropylene
- Extreme hair colouring and styles eg. hair sculpting; hair must be worn off the face by all students (tied back if necessary)
- Facial hair
- Visible make-up
- No visible tattoos
- Any type of nail polish or nail colouring
We have now introduced a school blouse that includes the Waimea College Crest in place of a pocket. Both the new and existing blouses are accepted as part of the uniform.
The green polo shirt is being phased out of the uniform. Students may still wear these if they have purchased them, but further stock will not be ordered for future years.
Please see here for further details.
Opening hours Monday 2.45pm – 3.45pm and Thursday 12.30pm – 6.00pm during Term time.
***PLEASE NOTE: We are not open on Monday 28 August, Monday 4, 11 and 18 September
(OPEN THURSDAYS AS USUAL DURING THIS PERIOD)***
Open the last Friday of the school holidays October 6 from 12-2pm