Our staff are our school’s most valuable resource. It is the quality of our staff and the high expectations that we place upon ourselves that are the most important strengths in ensuring high quality teaching and learning takes place.
How to apply
- All current vacancies are listed on this page.
- Applications should be in the form of a curriculum vitae, cover letter with a completed official Waimea College:
- Contact details of at least two professional referees.
- Applications for vacancies should be marked ‘Job Application’ and be returned to the school (unless otherwise stated in the advertisement).
Kapa Haka Tutor
We currently have a vacancy for a part time Kapa Haka Kaiako to work across our teams at Waimea College and Waimea Intermediate School.
This is a fixed term position for the 2022 school year, generally during term time, with some hours during evenings and holidays depending on events.
The successful applicant will be expected to plan and organise tutoring of Kapa Haka:-
- Support our rangatahi in developing the various aspects of Māori performing arts.
- Assist our rangatahi in pronouncing and singing in Te Reo Māori.
- Support and assist our rangatahi to prepare for various events.
- Assist rangatahi to become more confident participating in Māori performing arts including at assemblies and for visitors.
A completed Waimea College Support Staff Application Form, along with your CV and Covering Letter should be submitted to Nicola Cruise, Executive Assistant via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Our college is committed to providing a high-quality education for its students and emphasises the importance of achieving personal standards of excellence in academic, sporting, cultural and recreational activities. The college combines excellent facilities and a progressive curriculum with values centred around Caring, Belonging and Learning. We have strong house spirit, pride in the school and high expectations of performance and behaviour. Our values are reflected in the school motto: Semper Contendite (Always Strive).