The curriculum at Waimea College is extensive enabling our students to formulate their own unique learning opportunities in order to provide opportunities for them to expand their vision and enjoy success. This will help them to develop positive attitudes that will encourage further study, training and life-long learning.
At the junior level the curriculum has a number of compulsory subjects from the eight learning areas of the National Curriculum. In addition, students have the opportunity to select from a range of option and enrichment subjects to complete their programme.
In the senior school, students select more specialised subjects in preparation for a career, further training or tertiary study. We aim to have our students leave school with a nationally recognised qualification. We also cater for different individual abilities and needs through our extension, support and special education programmes.
The College offers all students:
- a comprehensive range of subjects from Year 9 to Year 13 leading to the National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) Levels 1, 2 and 3.
- a 21st century curriculum that is engaging & responsive to students’ needs
- Trades Academy & Vocational Pathway options
- technology rich curriculum delivery including BYOD
- additional opportunities to accelerate and extend any special abilities through our Gifted and Talented programme
- in need of additional assistance with their learning, specialised support through our student support network.
- Cawthorn Scitec Expo: 22 September 2020 – Cancelled22 Sep 2020
- Head Student Assembly: 23 September 2020 – Cancelled23 Sep 2020
- Arts Week: 21 – 25 September – Cancelled25 Sep 2020
- House Song: 25 September 2020 – Cancelled25 Sep 2020
- End of Term 3: 25 September 202025 Sep 2020
- Start of Term 4: 12 October 202012 Oct 2020