The curriculum at Waimea College is extensive enabling our students to formulate their own unique learning opportunities in order to provide opportunities for them to expand their vision and enjoy success. This will help them to develop positive attitudes that will encourage further study, training and life-long learning.
At the junior level the curriculum has a number of compulsory subjects from the eight learning areas of the National Curriculum. In addition, students have the opportunity to select from a range of option and enrichment subjects to complete their programme.
In the senior school, students select more specialised subjects in preparation for a career, further training or tertiary study. We aim to have our students leave school with a nationally recognised qualification. We also cater for different individual abilities and needs through our extension, support and special education programmes.
The College offers all students:
- a comprehensive range of subjects from Year 9 to Year 13 leading to the National Certificate of Educational Achievement (NCEA) Levels 1, 2 and 3.
- a 21st century curriculum that is engaging & responsive to students’ needs
- Trades Academy & Vocational Pathway options
- technology rich curriculum delivery including BYOD
- additional opportunities to accelerate and extend any special abilities through our Gifted and Talented programme
- in need of additional assistance with their learning, specialised support through our student support network.
- End of Term 1 2020: 9 April 202009 Apr 2020
- Good Friday (school closed): 10 April 202010 Apr 2020