Office 365 – A Suite of Tools
Office 365 is a suite of tools from Microsoft. It includes tools to create, organise, and collaborate
The key features we make use of at Waimea College are:
- Outlook – for sending and receiving email
- OneDrive – this provides a secure, online storage area for files, documents, images, etc.
- Word, Excel and PowerPoint – for creating documents
- OneNote – this acts as a digital notebook and is used by many staff to organise and share course notes
- Teams – used to create ‘virtual’ classrooms, and used for communication and collaboration
All of these programs work online via a web browser.
Each student Office 365 account also allows the full desktop versions of many of the tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook and Teams) to be downloaded and installed on a student computer. To install the desktop versions, click the Install Office button after you have logged in…