Interested in Becoming a Host Family?
Hosting an international student is a fantastic opportunity to bring genuine culture and diversity into your own home. It enables your family to meet and connect with a family from another country, and is an opportunity for your son or daughter to have an international brother or sister from abroad.
Become a part of our Waimea College Host Family Community and enjoy:
- Welcoming a young person from another country into your family home for 3, 6 or 12 months
- Host Parent Workshops each term to support you in developing your skills as a host parent
- Social days or evenings twice yearly where you can meet other host families and international students
- Purposeful matching of your family with an appropriate international student
- Ongoing support from our Waimea College Homestay Co-ordinator and international department
Waimea College Criteria for becoming a Homestay Family:
- You love the idea of welcoming an international student into your family home;
- Your home is in the Richmond area;
- You are able to provide the student with their own room, as well as a desk and chair for studying at;
- All members of your household over 18 must have a clean police record.
Please contact Megan Wright for further information on 544 6099 (ext 868) or email@example.com