Important Information 2019 – Enrolment Scheme – Enrolments must be received by 24 August 2018
In order to avoid the likelihood of overcrowding, the Waimea College Board of Trustees has an approved enrolment scheme in place. Under this scheme, students will be enrolled if they live within the home zone described below.
- Start from where Wills Road meets the Inland Highway.
- Draw a line from this intersection to the intersection of Marriages Road and the Coastal Highway and on to the sea.
- Follow south-east along the coast to include Rabbit Island, re-joining at Saxton Road.
- Extend the line of Saxton Road to the south-east to meet a line running from Clover Knob to Gordons Knob and north from Gordons Knob to Spooners Saddle on Highway 6.
- From there, in a straight line to the top of the Rosedale Saddle, then to the south-western end of Wills Road and along Wills Road to where it meets the Inland Highway.
Note: Addresses in Wills Road would be deemed to be in the Waimea College zone as defined by the line drawn between Gordons Knob and the Coastal Highway on the map provided.
The enrolment of out of zone students is governed by the provisions of the Education Act 1989. The enrolment scheme, which includes a precise description of the home zone, may be viewed at the school office and will be included with the College’s enrolment form.
The College believes there will be space for some students who live out of the home zone.
Enrolments must be received at the College by 24 August 2018. A ballot will be held for out of zone applicants on 10 September 2018.
- 2022 Enrolments Now Open! 25 Jul 2021Please see www.waimea.school.nz/enrolment-information for more informatio... [Read more]
- Term 3 Begins: 26 July 202126 Jul 2021
- Parents Information Evening: 2 August 2021 02 Aug 2021An opportunity for prospective parents to learn about what Waimea College h... [Read more]
- Open School: 9 August 202109 Aug 2021Tours start at 4.00pm and 7.00pm
- Senior Subject Selection Expo: 12 August 202112 Aug 2021
- Course Selection Closes: 23 August 202123 Aug 2021Course selection closes for returning students in Years 11,12,13 – 2022