Important Information 2019 – Enrolment Scheme – Enrolments must be received by 24 August 2018
In order to avoid the likelihood of overcrowding, the Waimea College Board of Trustees has an approved enrolment scheme in place. Under this scheme, students will be enrolled if they live within the home zone described below.
- Start from where Wills Road meets the Inland Highway.
- Draw a line from this intersection to the intersection of Marriages Road and the Coastal Highway and on to the sea.
- Follow south-east along the coast to include Rabbit Island, re-joining at Saxton Road.
- Extend the line of Saxton Road to the south-east to meet a line running from Clover Knob to Gordons Knob and north from Gordons Knob to Spooners Saddle on Highway 6.
- From there, in a straight line to the top of the Rosedale Saddle, then to the south-western end of Wills Road and along Wills Road to where it meets the Inland Highway.
Note: Addresses in Wills Road would be deemed to be in the Waimea College zone as defined by the line drawn between Gordons Knob and the Coastal Highway on the map provided.
The enrolment of out of zone students is governed by the provisions of the Education Act 1989. The enrolment scheme, which includes a precise description of the home zone, may be viewed at the school office and will be included with the College’s enrolment form.
The College believes there will be space for some students who live out of the home zone.
Enrolments must be received at the College by 24 August 2018. A ballot will be held for out of zone applicants on 10 September 2018.
- Open School Information Evening – Monday 3 August 2020, Tours at 4.00pm-6.00pm & 7.00pm-9.00pm04 Aug 2020
- TSS Hockey: 5 August 202005 Aug 2020
- Year 9 and Year 10 Survey: 5 August 202005 Aug 2020
- Board of Trustee Student Representative nominations are open and nominations Close 5 August 202005 Aug 2020
- Subject Selection Expo: 5 – 6 August 202006 Aug 2020
- Newsletter Distributed: 7 August 202007 Aug 2020