Signing in and out through the Student Office:
The signing in and out process is to help us keep track of our students should there be a fire drill, lockdown etc. Students must sign in and out during the day via the student office e.g. for a dental or doctor’s appointment, trip, arriving to school late etc. These absences must be explained by a parent/guardian or caregiver. An appointment card/text, or a note from home are still the best ways to explain these absences on the day.
Where possible, it is preferable for us to know of appointments in advance, so that they can be pre-recorded in our attendance system. You can do this by ringing the attendance line, through the website or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If feeling unwell during the day:
Students must check in to the Student Office if they are feeling unwell during the day. We can then monitor them in the sick bay if needed. It also means we can contact you to make arrangements for them to be picked up. Please ensure you have spoken with one of the office staff before collecting your student. It is important that students are picked up from the office/reception area. Please do not make arrangements other than this with your students.
Trips during term time:
A reminder that if your student is going to be away for three or more days for a non-school related trip/competition or for a holiday, please contact the school in advance. For these events, please write to the Principal or email email@example.com at least a week beforehand.
- Interested in being part of the BP Business Challenge – contact us now! (Read more…..) 16 Feb 2018Waimea College to host BP Business Challenge When: Wednesday 14th – T... [Read more]
- House Sports Day – Friday 16 February 16 Feb 2018Remember to bring your drink bottle, sunscreen and hat. Dress in your hou... [Read more]
- Board of Trustee Meeting26 Feb 2018
- Junior Leader Camp – 2-4 March 201804 Mar 2018
- Science Road Show12 Mar 2018
- Young Driver Coaching Parents Evening 22 Mar 2018Are you a parent that wants to be involved in helping your young person kee... [Read more]
- Good Friday – Holiday30 Mar 2018
- Summer Sports Week – 25 March to 31 March31 Mar 2018
- Easter Monday – Holiday02 Apr 2018
- Easter Tuesday – Holiday03 Apr 2018